|Posted by Webmaster on October 1, 2010 at 10:03 PM|
1) Turn lipstick into lip-gloss with a coat of lip balm after applying the colour.
2) Put your lip and eye pencils in the refrigerator before sharpening. They're less likely to break - and you won't waste so much.
3) Double up your lip liner to fill in your lips as well as outlining them.
4) To prevent lipstick getting on your teeth, try this tip: after putting it on, put your finger in your mouth, purse your lips and pull it out.
5) Dusting a little loose powder over your lipstick will help it stay put for longer.
6) Eye shadow doubles up as eyeliner, if applied with a cotton bud. Dampen the end of the bud for a more dramatic effect.
7) Use a little green eye shadow on red eyelids to mask the ruddiness.
Turn ordinary mascara into the lash-lengthening variety by dusting your eyelashes with a little translucent powder first.
9) Stand a dried-up mascara in a glass of warm water to bring it back to life.
10) If mascara tends to clog on your lower lashes, try using a small thin brush to paint colour onto individual lashes
11) Dried-up nail polish can be revived by stirring in a few drops of polish remover before using.
12) Bubbles of air in the polish ruin its finish. Prevent this by rolling the bottle between the palms of your hands to mix it up before using, rather than shaking it vigorously.
13) Make cheap nail polish last longer by sealing it with a clear top coat.
14) Rub a dab of petroleum jelly around the neck of a new nail polish bottle, and it should be easy to open for the rest of its life.
15) You can dry nail polish very quickly by blasting nails with a cold jet of air from your hair dryer.
16) When plucking your eyebrows, coat the hairs you want to remove with concealer - it will help you visualise exactly the shape of the brow you're after.
17) Use an old clean toothbrush to slick unruly eyebrows into shape.
18) If you find eyebrow tweezing painful, hold an ice cube over the area first to numb the nerve endings before you start.
19) A little foundation lightly rubbed through your eyebrows and brushed through with an old toothbrush will instantly lighten them.
20) If you don't dare shape your eyebrows into a feminine style, at least get rid of the long hairs and those over the bridge of your nose. That's just good male grooming!
21) If you've run out of blusher, dot a little pink lipstick on your cheeks and blend well with your fingertips.
22) Sweep a little loose powder under your eyes when applying dark shades of eye shadow to catch any falling specks and stop them staining your foundation.
23) Always use a cosmetic sponge to apply foundation - using your fingertips can result in an uneven, greasy finish.
24) If you've put on too much blusher, tone it down with a little loose powder over the top until you've reached a shade you're happy with.
25) Keep the plastic seals or paper discs that came with tubs of foundation and replace after each use. It helps prevent air from distributing in the product and bredding bacteria - which means the foundation stays fresh for far longer.